Wednesday, July 6, 2011

CC July: Let's Eat & Cricut 360 Challenge #1: Invitation

I chose to do a BBQ invitation.  We are currently having a flagstone patio and cover put in.  I can't wait until it's finished and I can throw a BBQ.  Hopefully soon I'll be using this invite :-) 

CC requires 2 Cricut cuts and gingham or check print in our project.  While the Cricut 360 just called for an invitation of some kind.  Here's what I came up with.  I'm using a cart I got at the TX Stampede and it's the first time I've played with it!

Recipe:
Base is Kraft 6x4 3/4"
The Paper Studio- the Basics Stack - red gingham paper
DCWV - Stack 7 - journal paper
DCWV - Metallic matstack- barbed wire frame

Old West Cricut cart - base shape- Icon @6", flourish barbed wire frame border @5" (I also cut the corners again to layer on top for dimension), "BBQ" letters @ 3/4" (I cut these 3 times using Kraft paper and glued them together for a thicker letter)

Friskers Wedding stamp set, brown ink for edges, brown Zig pen for doodles, pop dots for dimension.

Thanks for looking!  Good luck to all in both challenges!

10 comments:

  1. so cool! Love the picnic and yet cowboy look to this invitation!

    ReplyDelete
  2. YEE HAA! Thats one cool card... love it... Thanks for joining us at Cricut 360º HUGS...SK :) AKA/ Scraps 4 Fun

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are keeping busy. Great invite.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awesome- I am jealous that you were at the stampeded.
    Thanks for playing along with us at Cricut 360.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great card! I love the gingham paper! Thanks for joining us this week at Cricut 360!

    Stacey
    staceyscreativecorner.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is a great invitation ... very professional looking. I really like the inking you did. Thanks for joining us at Cricut 360° … hope to see you next week!

    Jo xx
    idratherbemakingcards.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a cute invite. I love it, especially the colors you used. Thanks for playing along with us at Cricut360.


    Hugs,
    Patty
    creativediva98.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a neat invitation...glad you joined us at Cricut360 this week...hope you join us next week, too!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Very cool! love the barbed wire touch! Thanks for playing

    Darlene S
    Cricut 360 DT
    www.talesoftayandbay.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. I just used the Old West Cartridge (on a layout) that I got at the Stampede, too! I love it-so easy to use. Your project is adorable :) and you used my 2 favorite cuts!! (the barb wire and the wanted poster)

    ReplyDelete